CALL FOR APPLICATION

 

CALL FOR APPLICATION: TERMS OF REFERENCE TO CONDUCT  A NEEDS ASSESSMENT AND CAPACITY DEVELOPMENT FOR THE EWHRDN

EHRDC in coordination with OHCHR, EARO as part of its support to the East African Women Human Right defenders’ network, has supported the establishment of the Ethiopian chapter of the Ethiopian Women Human Rights Defenders Network and its official launching on 1st October 2021. The objective of the network is to create a platform to establish a community of WHRDs who can share experiences, challenges and best practices on how individually and collectively defend the human rights of women and marginalized groups in particular.

Since its establishment the Network has been engaging in multiple activities like campaigns such as 1 pad for my sister initiative as part of the 16 days of activism and  hashtag  resilient women for International women’s day. The network has also released different press statements  on the different issues affecting women and women HRDs

As a secretariat for EWHRDN, EHRDC needs to hire a consultant that aimed at identifying the capacity needs/gaps for the network as a precursor for mentorship and capacity enhancement. Therefore, to build the capacity of the Ethiopian women human rights defenders network, hiring a consultant is important to understand its current needs and capacity gaps.

OBJECTIVE

The objective of conducting a need assessment for the EWHRDN is to identify the needs, the gaps and the priority areas of intervention for the network and strategies to increase the membership and expansion to regions.

SCOPE OF WORK

The consultant will independently carry out the this assessment study. The consultant will develop a methodology that will include but will not be limited to the development of questionnaires to be administered physically, site visits, interviews, and desk reviews. Major stakeholders including the members of the network-based in a different part of the Country and other government and CSOs actors will be part of the assessment.

Evaluation Criteria 

It shall be a technical and financial evaluation. Anyone who fails to attain a qualifying mark of 50% shall not proceed to the financial evaluation. Anyone who attains 50% and above shall be subjected to the financial evaluation where the lowest bidder will be selected.

 

RESPONSIBILITIES

  • Strategy planning and data collection
  • Prepare and submit a strategy outline for the assessment for approval.
  • Identify the needs and gaps  of the network
  • Identify strategic priorities that the network will focus for the next three years
  • Develop, distribute and retrieve questionnaires or survey instruments to stakeholders.
  • Data Analysis:
  • Highlight the status, challenges of the need for WHRDs in different localities of Ethiopia
  • Prepare and submit a draft assessment report for EHRDC.
  • Address comments and submit the final assessment Report to EHRDC
  • Present the findings of the analysis at stakeholder consultative meetings, if mandatory.

EXPECTED OUTPUTS AND DELIVERABLES

  • Develop an inception report detailing the methodology and tools for the needs/capacity assessment
  • A Needs /Capacity assessment report
  • Plan of action for enhancing capacity of the EWHRDN

 

DURATION OF WORK

The expected duration of this assignment is 5 weeks after the signing of the contract with EHRDC.

TERMS OF PAYMENT

The payment is delivered in 2 tranches.

30% will be made when inception report are approved by EHRDC the other 70% is made when the final  assessment report and plan of action report is approved by EHRDC.

REQUIREMENTS

  • Minimum master’s degree in law , human rights , development studies , international relations , sociology and or any other relevant social science discipline
  • A minimum of 5 years of work experience in research, and report writing of the similar projects.
  • Good drafting, substantive editing, and reviewing the ability of research documents.

COMPETENCIES

  • Sensitivity to cultural, gender, religion, and age differences
  • Highest standards of integrity, discretion, and loyalty
  • Self-starter, proven ability to work independently.
  • Strong motivation and ability to work and deliver under pressure and short deadlines.
  • Good interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate well with EHRDC
  • Strong writing and presentation skills.

Interested applicants need to submit their CV, concept note and financial application before May 04th 2022 via [email protected]

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Related posts