Post Title – Intern (Assistant to the finance officer)
Ethiopian Human Rights Defenders Center is a non-governmental, non-partisan, and not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advocacy, capacity building, and protection of human rights defenders in Ethiopia. Our center is looking for a qualified intern who is capable of supporting the finance department.
The intern is required to ensure accurate and timely preparation of financial statements and assist the Finance Officer in the proper management of the finances of the organization.
Intern’s responsibilities include:
- Update financial spreadsheets with daily transactions
- Prepare balance sheets
- Track and reconcile bank statements
- Create cost analysis reports (fixed and variable costs
- Process tax payments
- Support monthly payroll and keep organized records
- Record accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Process invoices and follow up with clients, suppliers, and partners as needed
- Participate in quarterly and annual audits
- Assisting in the preparation of budgets
- Managing records and receipts
- Reconciling daily, monthly and yearly transactions
- Preparing balance sheets and processing invoice
- Developing an in-depth knowledge of organizational products and process
- Supporting the Finance officer and executives with projects and tasks when required
- Advanced Excel skills (finalists will be asked to take an Excel test);
- Prepares reports and documents covering accounting transactions for management review. Ensures that accurate records are kept by standard practices. Establishes budgets, forecasts future cash flows, and provides periodic financial analysis.
- Provide administrative support, clerical and other tasks assigned
Requirements and skills
- BSc degree in Accounting
- One year of work experience (NGO experience is preferable)
- Good knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures
- Advanced MS Excel skills (creating spreadsheets and using financial functions), Peachtree
- Familiarity with accounting software
- Organizational and time-management skills
Terms of payment
As per the organization’s salary scale.
Interested applicants need to submit their CVs, before November 2nd, 2022 via [email protected] or in person at our office
Address – Bole, Friendship Business Center, 5th floor, office number 504.